About Mark P. Standa
Mark P. Standa, founding lawyer of Mark P. Standa, P.C., counsels clients in the practice areas of litigation and appeals, personal injury, products liability, wrongful death, commercial law, employment law and professional liability. Professional liability includes medical malpractice, real estate malpractice, legal malpractice and accounting malpractice. Prior to establishing this law firm, attorney Standa was an equity partner, shareholder, officer and director of the large Chicago law firm of Pretzel & Stouffer, Chartered.
Mr. Standa is a member of the Illinois State Bar Association and is licensed to practice in the United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois. He graduated with distinction from The John Marshall Law School in Chicago, where he also served as an executive board member and editor on the Law Review.
To read more about Mr. Standa, follow the link below:
Assertive Representation For Plaintiffs And Defendants
Attorney Standa serves clients throughout Lake County, Cook County and surrounding communities, counseling clients in these practice areas:
- Plaintiff and defendant litigation and appeals — With litigation and appeals experience gained from representing both plaintiffs and defendants throughout our areas of practice, including professional liability, products liability, personal injury, wrongful death, medical malpractice, premises liability, vehicular liability and construction cases. The firm’s construction-related litigation involves contracts, contractors, subcontractors, construction accidents, design and erection defect claims, mechanic’s liens and other issues.
- Personal injury, wrongful death — Providing efficient and effective counsel to clients in cases involving auto accidents and premises liability, including construction accidents resulting in personal injury and wrongful death.
- Products liability cases — Representing companies and individuals in court in cases involving products liability, including medical device and medicines as products.
- Professional liability — Representing clients in wide-ranging types of professional liability cases, including the defense of lawyers, real estate agents, medical professionals, insurance professionals, accountants and other professionals. We also represent plaintiffs in such cases asserting claims for damages arising from professional malpractice.
- Medical malpractice claims — Advocacy for patients or medical professionals in medical malpractice cases alleging surgical errors and hospital negligence, among many other things.
- Real estate malpractice — Representing clients in cases involving misrepresentation, fraud, statutory violations, and negligence involving the sale of real estate by sellers and real estate agents/brokers.
- Legal malpractice — Handling legal malpractice cases in which attorneys are accused of mishandling their client’s case in various ways, including by failing to file within the statute of limitations, mishandling potential settlements and witnesses, and incompetently drafting legal documents.
- Commercial law matters — Contract disputes, including breach of contract; assisting clients in drafting, interpreting, and negotiating commercial law contracts.
- Employment law issues — Experienced representation for Employment Practices Liability Insurance (EPLI) and related employment matters, including wrongful discharge, discrimination, employment contracts and severance agreements.
Discuss Your Case And Legal Needs With An Experienced Legal Advocate
Mr. Standa handles each case with careful attention to detail while providing each client with the close personal attention they deserve. Call the firm in Lake Forest at 847-295-5544 or reach out using the online form to schedule a consultation.